Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MY FIRST SWIM MEET IS SATURDAY MARCH 28TH!

Last week my coach approached my mom and said he thinks I'm ready to compete! After talking to my mom for a while he suggested that I enter into the upcoming meet at Eastern Carolina University (ECU) on March 28th. I was VERY hesitant but after speaking to my coach and the head coach I agreed to give it a try. Mom has ordered my team swim suit along with the team warm up suit for me to wear so I can look official. I will be swimming in three events for this meet. I'll start with the 25M Butterfly, then the 25M Backstroke, and last I'll swim the 25M Freestyle. The boys I'll swim against are all eight years old and under which makes me feel A LOT better. The kids I've been swimming with are around 10 years old.

I've been out of school the last two days with a flu bug but I'm still excited about my meet. Yesterday I asked mom if I could watch a few events from the 2008 Summer Olympics we have on DVR. It's always fun to watch Michael Phelps, Aaron Piersol, and Ryan Lochte swim! Today I think mom is going to read some more of the Michael Phelps book to me during quiet time.

Mom hopes to record the races for everyone to watch but if nothing else we'll have pictures up next week for everyone to see.

If you are reading this before Mach 28th please say a little prayer for me. A prayer to calm my nerves and to do my very best. To stay focused and try to beat no one but my own best times in the pool. Thank you.

No comments: