Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Saw Michael Phelps In Baltimore!!!

The middle of October mom surprised me and took me to see the Olympic celebration in Baltimore, Maryland. Why is that so special you ask? BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE MICHAEL PHELPS IS FROM!!!! We drove six hours to Maryland and although mom tried her very best we couldn't find the parade, but we did get to see the festival in the evening at Fort McHenry. There were speeches from important people like the mayor and singing from a choir, fireworks and of course Michael Phelps! Billy Bush, host of Access Hollywood was there as the M.C and he interview Michael Phelps, his mom and Michael's coach Bob Bowman. During the interview mom took me to the front of the stage so I could see Michael up close, it was so cool!!! I must have thanked mom a thousand times for taking me, it was awesome.

Oh, I almost forgot the best part...we had to take a bus over to Fort McHenry because there were no cars aloud for security reasons. Anyway, we were waiting in the front of the line for the next bus and all of the sudden the crowd starting cheering and clapping and Michael Phelps drove by in the motorcade. The really cool part was he was looking out the passenger side window at the crowd, saw me with my Michael Phelps t-shirt on and gave me a wave!!! I feel pretty blessed to have seen my sports hero and have him wave at me too!

Click here to check out the Michael Phelps Festival pics.http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=11rdbx93.1qxfqfy3&x=0&y=fue9mj&localeid=en_US

No comments: